Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Singapore & Home

I come near to the end of one month away from family and church friends - but as I think one month is nothing compared to missionaries that have gone before or even missionaries I have meet in these last week’s who have dedicated their lives to the work of the gospel around the world.

My time here in Singapore has been wonderful (despite some ongoing stomach issues). The Fishermen of Christ Fellowship is quite a large church with a Mandarin congregation and an English congregation. I had the joy of teaching the English church on Sunday. That evening I went to dinner with one of the elders and his family as well as with Soon Yong & Aileen. It was a precious time to speak of church ministry life and to encourage these people in their work and the process of change that they are walking through. This year their long serving Senior Pastor was promoted to glory and the church faces significant challenges as it navigates towards future ministry and work.

Soon Yong & Aileen have been wonderful hosts and I am so encouraged by their work here and what God is doing through them as a family. They have two boys, Nathan 8 years and Samuel 20 months - Samuel has been especially happy to have another man around the home.

I trust that I have been able to encourage them as a family - it is a very necessary thing for people in pastoral ministry to have others that come alongside at times where you can each share the issues of pastoral life. It can be a lonely place, a place of discouragement and challenge. People who understand the pressures of such life are able to be a major blessing. The ability to bounce ideas around or seek advice and counsel is very important and our time together has been mutually beneficial!

Well thank you for your prayers - I am on the flight tomorrow and look forward to being home Wednesday afternoon - how ever will I communicate all that the Lord has been teaching me and the challenges of ministry in Zambia and indeed the world!!?

No comments: